|This type of tissue paper is a great way to transfer a
specialty design to your quilt because it tears off easily and holds it's
shape while you are stitching through it. Each package contains 40 sheets
of 24"x36" tissue paper that is waxy on one side.
Transfer Method is as follows:
- Select a design you would like to stitch onto the quilt. The
design could be a drawing a child has done, a drawing in a book (be
sure to get permission to use the design if you plan to sell the
quilt), or just about anything you can make a copy of..
- Make a photocopy of the design (the photocopier has to be the type
that requires toner).
- Place the waxy side of the tissue paper against the drawing you want
to photocopy, and iron it with a hot dry iron. This will transfer the
design to the tissue paper.
- Apply 404 Permanent Spray Adhesive to the waxy side of the tissue paper
(which now has the design ironed onto it), and position the tissue
paper as desired onto the quilt. It's important to put the waxy side
of the paper against the quilt.
- Stitch through the paper, following the lines.
- Tear away the paper. This tissue paper is nice and thin so it will
tear away easily (unlike regular wax paper).
Note: Each photocopy design can only be used once. For example,
if want to put the design into 12 blocks, you will need to make 12
copies of the design.