Example of the steps to Find Quilt Yardage
Calculate yardage for a quilt with a width of 60 inches and a length of 80 inches by entering the dimensions just as you would say them!
Simply press the numbers and "Label" them as "Inches". Then press the Quilt Yardage key to find Quilt Top, Quilt Backing, Quilt Binding, Quilt Binding Strips, and Binding Cut Width.
Find Quilt Yardage by pressing the following numbers and buttons:
|60 [Inch] [Top Width]
||QUILT WIDTH 60 INCH
|80 [Inch] [Top Length]
||QUILT LNGTH 80 INCH
||QUILT TOP 3-1/3 YD
||QUILT BKNG 4-1/4 YD
||QUILT BNDNG 0-5/8 YD
||QUILT BNDNG 8. QTY STRIPS
BNDNG 2-1/2 INCH CUT WIDTH
|Note: If border or drop is not entered, these items do not display in the Quilt Yardage list.
Quilt Design and Fabric Estimating Calculator
View Press Release
Take pride and satisfaction in a finished quilt that starts with accurate dimensions, design and layout. Use the Quilter’s FabriCalc to convert your ideas into usable dimensions – Yards, Inches or Metric measurements. It’s easy to do the math with a few simple keystrokes. They add up to fast answers to just about every quilting task. Solutions are built-in for Blocks, Squares, Diagonals, ½ and ¼ Square Triangles, Diamonds and much more.
Calculations that create quilt designs:
- Create quilt designs using Block functions with or without Sashing; solves Diagonals
- Find total Yardage, including Backing, Binding, Borders and Drop for any quilting project
- Calculate the total yardage for Squares, ½ Square Triangles, ¼ Square Triangles, 45° and 60° Diamonds
- Reverse the calculations: find the number of Squares and Diamonds that can be cut from fabric in your “stash”
- Store fabric yardage solutions for six individual types of fabric and view total yardage required for all material
- Use Preferences settings to select Fractional or Decimal displays, Mitered or Straight Corners and more
- Find total costs for material
- Work in Yards, Inches, and Metric measurements – convert between dimensions
- Estimate material requirements. Use dedicated function keys to enter Quilt Width, Length and Border Width; find total Quilt Yardage, Backing, Batting, Binding and Border Yardage; Drop; Border number of Strips, Binding number of Strips, Binding Cut Width and more
- Calculate the total Yardage for Squares, ½ Square Triangles, ¼ Square Triangles, 45° and 60° Diamonds
- Reverse calculations to find the number of squares and diamonds that can be cut from fabric in your “Stash”
- Create quilt designs using Block Key functions, with or without sashing
- Find diagonal for total Quilt Yardage, Blocks and Squares
- Set and store values for Length and Width of Drop (3 sides)
- Store fabric yardage solutions for six individual types of fabric and view total yardage required for all fabrics required for all fabrics.
- Easily calculate total costs for material
- Works as a standard math calculator with +, -, x, ÷, %, Π and Memory
- Define (change calculator default values) and store material values
- Easy-to read (LCD) display shows answers in simple quilting terms
- Protective 360° Hard Cover Door
- Long-life Battery (one CR-2016)
- Handy Pocket Reference Guide
- Easy to read and understand illustrated User's Guide
- Full One –Year Limited Warranty
Look what dealer and customer surveys from across the country are saying!
"WOW, being able to figure out yardage no matter what size block, sashing and binding!"
"I definitely think they will love the ability to perform reverse calculations to determine how to use their “stash” of fabrics. They all have stashes."
"You hit the target with this calculator, as you know I am a store owner. Daily we are asked to figure out backings, sashing and bindings. This will be a dream come true."
"It looks like you have thought of everything, I think the most attractive would be…it’s all attractive, this is great!"
"Gosh what would not be attractive for quilters! Basically all the functions and options available on the calculator are wonderful. It is great for quilt shop owners and designers as well!"
5.7” x 3.0” x 0.65” (145 mm x 76 mm x 17 mm)
4.15 oz. (117.7 gm)
Includes Case and Pocket Reference Guide
One 3-volt (CR-2016) Long-life Battery
LCD: 9 Digits* (7 normal, 1 Fraction) with Full Annunciators
0.73” x 2.56” (19 mm x 6.5 mm)
12 Digit Internal Accuracy